Department Chair, professor
Email | firstname.lastname@example.org
- M.A. University of Missouri, Columbia
- B.A., University of California, Santa Cruz
- News Writing & Reporting
- Multimedia Storytelling
- Emerging Technology
Brady Teufel teaches courses in multimedia journalism and is the adviser for mustangnews.net, the award-winning student media portal at Cal Poly. Teufel's work experience includes stints as a reporter, photojournalist, graphic designer, web designer and social media consultant. His teaching interests span from writing and photography, to coding and VR. Along with a love for words and pictures, Teufel enjoys traveling and is a dual citizen of New Zealand and the U.S. as well as a San Luis Obispo native.
- Howe, Patrick and Teufel, Brady. “The Best Medium for the Story: A Case Study of Integrated Student Media.” College Media Review 56.1: 50-55 (2019)
- Howe, Patrick and Teufel, Brady.“Native Advertising and Digital Natives: The Effects of Age and Advertisement Format on News Website Credibility Judgments.” #ISOJ Journal 4 (1): pp. 78-90 (2014)
- Teufel, Brady and Loving, Bill.“Forum Selection in Social Media.” Journal of Social Sciences Research: pp. 63-81 (2011)
- Teufel, Brady and Loving, Bill.“False Impressions: How Digital Editing is Altering Public Discourse.” Global Science and Technology Forum Journal of Law and Social Sciences 3 (1): pp. 110-118 (2012)
- Teufel, Brady.“Using WordPress to Teach Digital Literacy.” Academic Exchange Quarterly 14.4: pp. 8-13 (2010)
Awards and Recognitions
Journalism Educator of the Year — 4-Year Division (2018)
Award recognizes leadership and support that goes beyond the journalism program and has impact across campus, community and local or regional associations. Awarded by The California Journalism & Media Affiliates.
Terrance Harris Mentorship Award (2017)
One of seventeen other mentors from around the university recognized for providing exceptional guidance and mentorship to a student.
Best Paper Award (2014)
Organization of Social Science and Behavioral Research International Conference. Paper title: “Forum Selection in Social Media.”