Student Media Team Takes Home 46 Awards
Mustang Media Group (MMG) received national recognition this winter with a record number of awards.
By Connor McCarthy
Overall, the group received 46 awards at a joint conference for the Associated Collegiate Press (ACP), California Media Business and Advertising Managers (CMBAM) and California College Media Association (CCMA) in San Diego, CA. Mustang Media took home four first-place awards in ACP, three in CMBAM, and 10 in CCMA.
Notably, the student media team was awarded first-place in the nation for “Best Website” and “Best Print Weekly Newspaper.”
Editor-in-Chief and business administration junior Austin Linthicum says he is thrilled to see his team’s hard work recognized on both a national and state level.
“We are thrilled that Mustang Media Group placed in every platform among the top student media in the country. From our brand new website and updated newspaper format to social media and business strategy, we are honored to place first in the country and look forward to continuing to innovate in the future,” Linthicum said.
View the list below to learn more about MMG’s winnings.
From Associated Collegiate Press (ACP) - National
- Best Website (first place)
- Best Print Weekly Newspaper (first place)
- Best Multimedia Package (first place)
- Best Broadcast Program (third place)
California College Media Associate - State
- Best Newspaper Website - Large School (first place)
- Best Online Online Ad Campaign (first place)
- Best Mobile Site/App (first place)
- Best Feature Story (first place)
- Best Multimedia Presentation (first place)
- Best Photo Illustration (first place)
- Best Illustration/Cartoon (first place)
- Best Social Media for Single Event (first place)
- Best Ad Campaign (first place)
- Best Newspaper Inside Page/Spread Design (first place)
From College Media Business and Advertising Managers - National
- Best Sales Manager, Bianka Pantoja (Arvin, CA) (first place)
- Best Audience Engagement Strategy (first place)
- Best Sales Strategy of a Special Section (first place)
- Media Company of the year (second place)