Journalism majors and ISLA minors may check out equipment for their courses through the Journalism Tech Office, located in 26-207.
Due to COVID-19, equipment checkouts must now be made online 24 hours in advance, and a time for pickup/return booked. Equipment can be checked out for a period of five business days. When reserving equipment, you will receive an email to inform you of availability. Your reservation is subject to equipment availability, and may be canceled due to lack of inventory or COVID restrictions.
Before visiting campus to check out or return equipment, please note that all safety protocols need to be adhered to. That is:
- Make your appointment online 24 hours in advance. No drop-ins!
- Meetings are one-on-one only at an approved booking time!
- Follow all university protocols for visiting campus.
- If your booking has been approved, please inform us if you wish to pick up or drop off equipment either at the Journalism Tech Office or curbside at the Graphics Arts Building (Building 26).
Any questions or concerns should be directed to email@example.com.
Equipment Checkout Policies
In addition to the policies outlined in the Journalism Department Responsible Use agreement (below), the student checking out equipment agrees to the following:
- Equipment checked out through the Journalism Department Tech Office is made available on a first-come, first-served basis. There is a limited amount of equipment available and as such, not all equipment may be available at the time of booking
- Book equipment only when you need it, allowing other students the opportunity to check out equipment
- The student is responsible for the security and well keeping of the equipment while in their possession and may be charged for the repair or replacement of such equipment at the time of check-in
- Equipment is checked out for 5 business days. At the end of the checkout period, equipment is considered overdue, which may result in the revocation checkout privileges, invoicing for the replacement cost of the equipment and potential hold placed on their academic account
Equipment Checkout Process
- Bookings are 15 minutes in length and have built-in distancing to reduce the amount of cross-traffic with other students
- A booking confirmation will be sent to your Cal Poly email as well as a reminder email prior to your booking time that confirms your equipment booking time
- At your booking time, travel to the Journalism Tech office, Building 026, room 0207
Equipment Return Process
- Create a new appointment to check-in equipment. Bookings are 15 minutes in length and have built-in distancing to reduce the amount of cross-traffic with other students
- You will get an email confirmation email upon successful completion of booking with a reminder email just prior to your booking
- Double and triple-check that you have all equipment accessories (batteries, chargers, cables, microphones, tripod plates, etc) PRIOR to coming to campus
- At the time of your booking, travel to the Journalism Tech Office, building 026, room 0207